Recipe from star awarded chef Christian Têtedoie
Meilleur Ouvrier de France, President of the Maîtres Cuisiniers de France association, chef owner of the "Christian Têtedoie" gastronomic restaurant overlooking Lyon
For 8 servings
- Milk 25 cl
- Flour 125g
- Eggs 2
- Sugar 30g
- Salt (pinch)
- Sunflower oil
- Dark chocolat 55%+ 100g
- Single cream 35% 200ml
- 8 Williams or Conference pears
- Sugar 100g
- Muscat 25cl
- Water 10cl
- Vanilla (1 pod)
- Mix the flour with the sugar, the pinch of salt and a little milk.
- Add the eggs and gradually mix with the remaining milk.
- Melt the butter until browned and add to the batter. Set aside for 1 hour.
- Lightly oil the crepe pan with the sunflower oil and cook the crepes.
Heat the cream to boiling point and pour over the chopped chocolate.
- Peel and core the pears. Bring the Muscat, water and sugar to a boil, add the pears and cook over a low heat for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the size of the pears. Remove the pears.
Wrap each pear with a crepe to form a parcel and pour the chocolate sauce over.