Recipe from Marc Boissieux
Winner of French Masterchef 2013
Ingredients for 10 people
For the pudding:
- 300 g of black pudding
- 150 ml of cream
- 150 ml of milk
- 100 g of white bread
- 150 g of egg
For the langoustine cream:
- 10 large langoustines
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 bouquet garni
- 20 cl of white wine
- 10 g of tomato concentrate
- 50 cl of cream
For the chutney and the mango puree:
- 3 mangoes
- 30 cl of vinegar (sherry or mango)
- 100 g of sugar
- 1 pinch of Raz el Hanout
- 1 star anise
- 1 bunch of coriander
Preparation of the pudding:
- Dry the bread in the oven at 200° for 10 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the black pudding and take out the flesh with a spoon. Mix with the milk, cream and eggs. Blend. Add the bread and blend once again to obtain a smooth mixture.
- Place in a terrine and cook at 150°.
- Press with a weight and chill for 6 to 8 hours.
Preparation of the langoustine cream
- Shell the langoustines, leaving the tail and the last ring.
- Set aside in the fridge.
- Keep the claws and shell.
- Finely chop the carrot and celery, roughly chop the onion.
- In a deep saucepan, sauté the langoustine shells in the olive oil over a high heat to thoroughly caramelise.
- Add the aromatic vegetables and sweat over a medium heat.
- Add the bouquet garni and moisten with the white wine.
- Reduce completely.
- Add the tomato concentrate and the cream and cook over a low heat for 30 minutes.
- Strain through a conical strainer and season to taste.
Preparation of the mango chutney
- Dice the mangoes.
- Blend 1/4 of the mixture. Strain and place in the fridge.
- Place the remaining mango in a saucepan with the vinegar, sugar and spices and gently simmer.
- Unmould the pudding.
- Cut off rectangles and pan fry.
- Pan fry the langoustines for 1 min to 1 min 30 for presentation.
- Blend the langoustine cream with a hand blender.
- Plate 2 rectangles of pudding, a little chutney and top with a langoustine.
- Decorate with a few drops of mango puree and sprigs of coriander.