Meilleur Ouvrier de France, president of the Bouchons Lyonnais association, and owner of the "Daniel and Denise" restaurants
Ingredients for 8 People
- Pike flesh (sieved) 350g
- Whole egg 250 g + 85 g of egg white
- Cold butter 350 g
- Salt 10g
- Pepper 2g
- Milk 500 ml
- Butter 50g
- Flour 300g
- 167 Crayfishes
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 shallot
- 1 spring of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- A dash of Brandy
- Cream 350ml
- Tomato concentrate 1 table spoon
- Olive oil 35 ml
- Mix the pike with the panade, then the whole eggs and the whites, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Add the cold butter and mix until thoroughly smooth.
- Poach in water at 80 degrees, half an hour for each one, up to 1 hour cooking time for all of them.
- Chill them in ice-cold water.
- Steam them for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Fry the crayfish carcasses in a sauté pan with the olive oil
- Add the vegetables and herbs and brown
- Add the tomato concentrate and flame with the brandy
- Next add the cream and cook for 1 hour
- Thicken the sauce with cornflour if necessary
For the Nantua sauce over the quenelles and enjoy!
Never wait for late arrivals as the quenelles will collapse!